This ESD workshop is designed to address the need for exposure to the techniques and advantages of ESD through lecture, live cases, and interaction with internationally renowned faculty.
The University of Florida has organized a four day VIRTUAL Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) training workshop that is designed to facilitate the introduction and expansion of ESD in the US. The goal is for the attendees to benefit from the pioneering Japanese expertise with Dr. Takuji Gotoda, along with incorporating the Western experience (there will be 1 European and 5 US faculty).
This workshop will be heavily focused on live case education and has some unique features which we believe will make it a great opportunity to acquire or expand ESD skills.
- Gastroenterologist, surgeons, endoscopists
As a result of participant in this activity, participants will be able to:
- To become familiar with the indications for ESD
- To be able to evaluate which lesions are appropriate to be treated with ESD
- To be familiar with the electrosurcial equipment and devices used for ESD
- To understand the electrocautery principles as they apply to ESD
- To become familiar with the ESD techniques in the esophagus, stomach and colon
- To be able to recognize, prevent and treat ESD related complications
- Differentiate the advantages of ESD over EMR
*Please note that CME Credit is not available this year*